Wednesday, February 04, 2004

Lehigh University makes the news!

Dr. doCarmo, despite being one of my closest friends, NEVER READS THIS FUCKING BLOG. Yes, I know he's busy-- very, very busy. He's got a lovely Sri Lankan girlfriend. He's a tenure-track English prof. He's a part-time musician, and he's working on both a second novel and a new short story.

The net result is... he never keeps up with my current events. An email from Steve comes, and it's always, "Yooooooo. What've you been up to?"

You'd know if you read my goddamn blog, you bunghole!

Anyway, Steve did his PhD work at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, PA. Bedlam, as the locals call it. One of the profs there (now retired) was none other than Dr. Jonathan Frakes-- yes, the father of the Jonathan Frakes who played Commander Riker on the "Star Trek: The Next Generation" series. I saw the guy once while visiting Steve on campus. You could see the resemblance.

I mention Steve and Lehigh because of a Steve/Lehigh connection I just saw: Steven Den Beste's latest focuses on an art exhibit over at Lehigh.

Just thought Steve should know. If he manages to tear himself away from work, art, and love, that is.

Heh... the boy's got a life.

_

No comments: