Sunday, March 14, 2004

father of Hominid in accident

My father's been in a car accident-- it happened on Friday. He's uninjured, both airbags having gone off in the minivan (I can only imagine what that must have sounded like). Unfortunately, the van's suffered major damage. Insurance is likely to cover a lot of this (costs might run into the $3000-5000 range), but there's still a $500 deductible to contend with and the increased cost of insurance in the future.

To that end, I'm putting out a humble request to my several dozen readers: if you're willing to donate some money to help my folks out with this, I'd be grateful. I've created a PayPal donation button and set the donation amount at $10. If you feel so moved, please hit the button more than once, but even a single donation will be appreciated.

Here's the ACCIDENT RELIEF donation button:












The above button routes you directly to my FATHER'S PayPal account, not to mine. Also, please note that, once you set up shipping rates on PayPal for non-donation purchases, those shipping rates also seem to apply to donations. For that reason, I lowered the donation amount to $6.00 so that the $4.00 shipping charge brings the amount up to an even $10.00.

There's another way to help my folks out: BUY THEIR RUM CAKES. Their PayPal button is on my sidebar (scroll down a bit; look for the cake image and the PayPal button below it). If you're queasy about giving donations to people you don't know, then order a cake and receive something tangible and tasty for your money. Reviews for the cake are unanimously great, with "Bombtits" being perhaps the highest praise they've received.

Thanks in advance for whatever you can do. Thanks for your constant readership, and my apologies for the inconvenience to your wallet.

_

No comments: