Tuesday, July 13, 2004

all praise to Antti

Antti (whose blog is also banned) has been quietly doing some yeoman's work in the fight to get this ban lifted. Visit his blog and read some of his posts, or visit Andi's blog, scroll down to her "PAY ATTENTION" post, and hit the links she provides.

Also, a shout-out to FatMan Seoul for his quiet encouragement on Joel's blog. Long may you eat, fellow fat man.

The poster on Blinger's board by the name of quiddler has an interesting post up, here.

Go thou and read.

Ah, yes-- one more shout-out to Shawn of Korea Life Blog for having written in to the Herald about the censorship. I haven't seen the letter, alas, and don't see it on Shawn's blog, but I heard good things about it.

Unfortunately, Shawn earns my eternal hatred for securing what appears to be the perfect job:

1. Quiet part of town.
2. Positively huge apartment.
3. Nice view out the window (go see his blog).
4. W2.3 million/month to teach only 4-5 hours a day.

I don't know what my living arrangements will be like, but I doubt it'll be anything on the order of Shawn's palatial estate. My job:

1. Noisy part of town (Kangnam/Yeoksam).
2. Studio apartment (or "glorified dorm," as the boss calls it).
3. Nothing but city for a view.
4. W2 million/month to teach 8 hours a day, M-F, plus 2 Saturdays a month.

And I don't think there's a freakin' Wal-Mart in Kangnam. Not that I particularly miss Wal-Mart, mind.

Shawn, may you and your girlfriend have nothing but two-headed babies.

_

No comments: