Thursday, July 08, 2004

all's well that ends well

I forgot to update you on the ULS fiasco. It ended well (can fiascos end well? are they still fiascos if they do?*). My boss called me on Monday; she's wasn't pissed at all that I'd rejected the single class. In fact, she was apologetic that she hadn't been able to get more for me. Having been on SNU's campus and seen the large number of summer English programs already available, I understood that the registration rates for any given program would have to be low, especially during summer vacation. No skin off my ballsie-wallsies. My boss could have taken a different tack-- she could have dragged out the war hammer and tried to tenderize my crotch; to her credit, she didn't. Refreshing.

So I got my three days' pay for June, and it looks like I'm going to become Dr. Hominid, the English language clinician, after all. It's just a matter of shoving some paperwork through, taking another trip to Osaka (heads up, Yoshida-sama) for a day, and starting work around the end of the month/beginning of August.

And yes, I'll be sure to slap up pictures of me in a lab coat.

Ah, the things I do for you.

[*I need to do a post about overanalysis of language, especially in light of my recent obsession with the word kyopo/gyopo.]

_

No comments: