Tuesday, February 15, 2005

links and adverts



Not much blogging tonight, as I have to wake up early tomorrow, hit a train station, and buy a Sunday round-trip ticket to Pusan (now officially "Busan" with the government's change in romanization).

I'm 90% sure I'll be taking the Pusan job. It's offering 3.17 million won a month for about 5 hours/day of teaching, no weekends, and ostensibly no split shifts (though the contract contains some iffy language on this point). The housing accommodations are going to be huge-- 23 p'yong (a p'yong is about 4 square meters) for a single dwelling (single, not shared; you read that right), which is more space than I'd know what to do with.

The downside of the job: I'll be teaching kids for six weeks out of the year. Fuck. But I think that, for that amount of money, I should make an effort to appreciate the kiddies. At long last, I'll have a job that gives me weekends, reasonable hours, and the ability to start saving money to pay down my massive education debt.

Speaking of debt-- I'm all about debt relief, but I don't want to do it simply by begging. That's why I'm selling a book, and now is as good a time as any to pick up your very own copy of Scary Spasms in Hairy Chasms: A Panoply of Paeans to Putrescence and a Cornucopia of Corrosive Coprophilia.

To that end, behold my fearsome mastery of marketing strategy as I... market.

Each of the following panels contains an excerpt from somewhere in the fetid bowels of my book. Enjoy, then go to my sidebar and buy my book either through Amazon.com (where we're currently having a deal) or through my other blog, Only the Chewiest Tumors, where purchasing can be done through PayPal.


It's the book that has everything! We've got short and curlies:



We've got pissed-off seafood:



We've got uncultured people:



And we've got Spock!



Read an excerpt here!

And don't forget to drop by my CafePress store!



_

No comments: