Sunday, April 24, 2005

my schedule

On Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays:

7:50-8:50AM
Rudimentary-level English Conversation

9:00-10:00AM
Rudimentary-level English Conversation

10:10-11:10AM
High-intermediate-level English Conversation

On Tuesdays and Thursdays:

7:50-8:50AM
Low-level Reading Comprehension

9:00-10:30AM
Rudimentary-level English Conversation

BREAK

1:10-2:40PM
English through Drama

That last class is likely to be my favorite. I hope enough students have signed up for it.

Our department doesn't move to quite the same calendar-rhythm as the rest of the university. The fall and winter terms, for us, are 12 weeks and 8 weeks long, respectively. These are subdivided into two 6-week and two 4-week terms. I'm starting in the middle of the spring term, which is called "Spring 2" here, and I've been told that mid-semester enrollment is usually pretty low, which is why my Mon/Wed drama class was cancelled.

The up-side is that I'll be teaching only 17 hours a week, plus 5 office hours, which I'll gladly give the university since they have decent computers.

I haven't even started teaching, and I already love this job.


_

No comments: