Tuesday, April 11, 2006

postal scrotum: Satan is a Korean woman (?)

Chris writes re: my dad--

Kevin:

I am a long-time reader of your blog.

I just wanted to add my voice to the chorus of those wishing your father well. I am an older guy and had the same thing happen to me here in the Land of the Not Quite Right. Since I am writing this I guess everything turned out ok. During the whole horrible event one thing happened that I seem unable to forget...

My wife and the doctor were talking next to my bedside while I was flying on the morphine they gave me and I heard him say, “You’d better prepare for a funeral.” (I guess the doctor thought my white skin precluded me from being able to understand Korean.) Then a few minutes later he opens my closed eyelid and shines a bright white light in my eye!!! First, I hear I am going to die and then the next thing I see is a bright white light. Scared the shit outta me! I thought Holy shit, this is it! Then he took the light away and I saw a very ugly woman (who I later realized was a nurse) standing over me. I remember thinking, Shit! Satan is an ajumma! I knew it! I just fucking knew it!

After I came to my senses, and was assured by the pain in my chest that I wasn’t dead – yet, I was wheeled into the OR and had the same procedure as your father. One thing your dad has going for him is a Korean wife. I'll tell you what, if you want to stay on a diet and have to take care of yourself, there is nothing better than having a Korean drill sergeant - uhhh I mean wife, making sure you stick to the program. I know it helped me get religion about my health real fast.

Anyways, another reason I wrote is that while looking at your latest post I noticed that Hyeon-jeong was next to you in 10 of the photos. It made me go hmmmmmm. Is there something you’re not telling your faithful readers? Hmmmmmm.

Best of luck to you and your family. I hope your dad gets back on his feet in record time. Keep the updates coming. I really enjoy reading about your adventures/misadventures.

Take care.

Chris

I already replied to Chris directly about the student, but since others have written in wondering aloud about the same thing: she's a student, and an undergrad at that. There is nothing between us. Besides, she has a boyfriend.



_

No comments: