Wednesday, June 14, 2006

cool page

Found through SiteMeter: what appears to be an exam-prep review page that covers a wide range of standard issues in 101-level philosophy of religion. I was fine for most of the issues until the final section, which deals with the thinking of George Mavrodes, a philosopher with whom I have only a very superficial acquaintance (see here). I don't know what is meant by a "Russellian world" (something having to do with old Bertrand?), nor do I know what "queerness" refers to in the "Mavrodesian" philosophical sense. That pretty much leaves me at sea with regard to those "religion and the queerness of morality" questions. One question was particularly intriguing:

Why does Mavrodes compare morality to a "twisted pine?"

I'll have to look that one up.


_

No comments: