Wednesday, August 30, 2006

allez voir!

Although Blue Vicar sounds suspiciously like a man of the cloth with a yen for strip clubs (not that there's anything wrong with that), it's actually the name of an interesting blog devoted to collecting wine-related stories from expats. The blog is based in France and run by an American woman named Anne, whose husband apparently tracked me down after we both posted in the same thread re: theodicy (on Verbum Ipsum, I presume).

Several days ago, Anne sent me a very kindly worded email (which at first I thought was spam, except that she had done the correct thing and written "hairy chasms" in the subject line, thereby sending the email directly to my inbox) explaining her site's mission, how she'd found me, and asking whether I had any wine-related stories to share. I replied in French that I already had my hands full maintaining my own blog (every once in a while, an offer to engage in une oeuvre collaborative comes my way, as I'm sure happens with other bloggers), and she very civilly let me "off the hook," as she put it. But not entirely: she asked if she could publish my French email, and I self-importantly said yes. So there it is, flaws and all.

If you're into wine, Blue Vicar (well, it's actually written blueVicar on the site) is a great little place to stop by and browse wine stories. I'm not particularly interested in wine or wine stories (and I told Anne as much), but I suspect that most of my readership drinks something. One of my favorite high school French teachers was a member of Les Amis du Vin in the States, but I think her doc told her to lay off the tippling. That, friends, is about as close as I can get to a wine story.

Bon, si vous êtes passionnés du vin, allez visiter blueVicar!


_

No comments: