Saturday, August 05, 2006

Ave, Ryan! (gaebul redux)

Ah, the wonders of YouTube, the intrepidity of Koreabloggers, and the wackiness of Mother Nature, who gets a kick out of repeating patterns.

A while back, I blogged about gaebul, the living condoms of the sea.

A dude over at a delightful blog called Mississippi to Korea (hereinafter MTK because there's no fucking way I'm gonna repeatedly spell out that state's name) has a post linking to a YouTube video he made of gaebul in action. Fifteen seconds of hardcore writhing.

Ladies-- can your dildo do that? Didn't think so.

All hail MTK!


_

2 comments:

Tabitha said...

Hi! I found your blog after doing a google search on gaebul. My sister took a video similar to the one MTK took in Korea. She also got to eat those things at a sashimi restaurant. Said they taste like seawater.

What exactly are they? Sea cucumber?

Kevin Kim said...

Hi, Tabitha! You're lucky I caught this comment: I haven't been actively blogging on here for a long time, having switched to this blog. I've made sporadic updates at the Hairy Chasms, but won't return to the blog in earnest until I'm back in Korea.

Anyway, about gaebul.

In this blog post, I link back to an older blog post I'd written. That older post contains the Latin designation for the sea creature in question: Urechis unicinctus. You can look this up in Google and see what pops up.

Hope this helps!


Kevin