Tuesday, April 10, 2007

milestone

On Saturday, April 8, 2006, I blogged about a scary event in my life: my father had suffered a cardiac episode, later determined to have been a mild heart attack, and had gone to the hospital. April 6 is my parents' anniversary; last year's episode, which occurred on April 7, was a hell of a way to follow up the festivities. Dad was catheterized and released after his attack, and one thing I've regretted over the past year is that I was unable simply to zoom over to where he was and be at his side. Now it's a year later, and my parents have just celebrated their 40th anniversary. I haven't said much about this, but it means a lot to me that my parents are still here and doing OK, both in terms of health and in terms of the strength of their marriage. Because I enjoy these gifts, yet have done nothing to deserve them, I count myself truly rich.


_

No comments: