Friday, May 04, 2007

my book hits Yale!

I was about to go to sleep, but now I can't sleep because I just received the following email:

This is the Yalie-who-clicks-in-from-Google, here. I thought you might be pleased to hear that I've gotten Yale's selectors to order Water from a Skull for Sterling Memorial Library here at Yale. You can now proudly vouch that Water from a Skull was judged not offensively irrelevant to the academic endeavor by a Yale University library selector.

I wouldn't be surprised if it migrated over to the Div lib, but either way, it'll be duly cataloged and stored away once it arrives. Once the catalog record is uploaded into the bibliographic record exchange's main database, you can be reasonably certain that evidence that you wrote the book will persist through a nuclear armageddon. The book itself will likely be recased in hardcover once it arrives and either dispatched to the stacks where random browsers can paw it or sent off to the Library Storage Facility where it will be encased in carbonite for the turning of an age- albeit accessible to anyone who pages it through the library system.

With regards,

Kevin Crawford
Acquisitions Clerk, Yale Divinity Library

Ha ha! If I were a drinker, I'd be toasting... somebody right now.

The book is on order, but the entry is already up on the Yale University Library site. Go to http://www.library.yale.edu/ and type "Water from a Skull" into the search window.

Hot damn! Many thanks, Mr. Crawford! I take back every bad thing I've ever said about Yale.


_

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, hatte! This is awesome.

Anonymous said...

You have become IMMORTAL – now just don’t get sentenced to prison for life!

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be, "Hatte damn?"

Anonymous said...

Congrats!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Kevin!