Saturday, June 16, 2007

last call for the book signing!

UPDATE: It's 10AM on Saturday (DC time) and we're about to shove off. Wish us luck.





One last time:

BOOK-SIGNING EVENT for Water from a Skull

Saturday, June 16

Korea Times Building, 3rd Floor
7601 Little River Turnpike
Annandale, VA 22003

12PM-2PM


I will be there early with my family, helping to set things up. Because we suspect many guests will arrive somewhat late (you know... Korean time), I won't begin my talk until 12:30, but will be signing books from noon to 12:30. At 12:30, I will give a brief talk (in English, but perhaps occasionally in broken Korean), do a short reading from the book (I'm unsure how much of my audience will actually understand the English!), and take some questions. After that, I'll simply be signing until 2PM, though I'm sure some people will hang on longer, as usually happens.

I have no idea how many people might make it to the event, but given the small size of the venue, I anticipate crowded conditions, so wear something loose and cool. I'll be wearing casual myself, so as to minimize sweatiness.

Dad's going to be videotaping (urk) and I suppose my brothers will be snapping some pics and helping me manage the finances. All the members of my immediate family will be there, and I hope you'll take the time to chat with them.

See you tomorrow, I hope.

Pic of the Korea Times building:



Pic of the room in which the signing will take place:





_

1 comment:

Jelly said...

LUCK! I gope it's great and there are pictures. I want to see the brothers, too!