Wednesday, July 04, 2007

my Edvard Munch moment

While typing an email a few minutes ago, I suddenly heard a loud thump followed by two screams, as if a man had fallen and was now in extreme pain. Alarmed, I leaped out of my seat and dashed down to the lobby... only to find the smiling concierge ajoshi there to reassure me that nothing had happened-- two guys in the tiny corner lounge had been watching soccer on TV, and had screamed at a failed goal. They apologized profusely, even though they had done nothing wrong. Screaming at the TV is a pancultural phenomenon, as far as I'm concerned.

My excitement for the day.

The weather is once again rainy, and I'm off to hike up the mountain before my lone 3:05PM class (ha ha!).

Ah, yes, a note about that: there's a small chance that some of the girls currently in my Level 3 intensive class will band together and agitate for a Level 4 class. I wouldn't be averse to teaching the class (I planned for it, after all), even though the lazy part of me would rather stick to this new, unexpectedly easy schedule.


_

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You probably heard someone get whacked, and they made a hasty excuse... Damn gang-pae are everywhere.