Monday, July 02, 2007

my new, reduced-calorie schedule

So! Due to lack of student registrants, it appears my new schedule is only half my old schedule: three lesson preps instead of six. While this means a far easier schedule than I had anticipated-- I now have only twelve hours a week instead of twenty-- the down side is that I've done several lesson preps for nothing. As I noted before, this is the problem with the hagwon-style paradigm: when you don't know the student numbers until right before you teach, you're forced to prep for classes that might disappear right out from under you.

But I'll get over it. One benefit of the new schedule is that my first class of the day is now at 1:30PM. The danger is that I might start to sleep in late (very bad news, since the following semester will include 7:40AM classes), but I'm hoping to use the morning hours for gym work, and the evening hours for Namsan hikes. We'll see how this goes.


_