Thursday, August 30, 2007

birfday

A belated Happy Birfday to old friend and fellow GU Class of '91er Mike D. Sorry I missed the 29th (uh... August 29th, not your 29th birthday).

Mike was in the GU School of Foreign Service like our Numba Wan Koreablogger, Robert Koehler, and while the SFSers have always enjoyed far more prestige than us LingLangers* (hell, we even lost our school, which got absorbed into the College of Arts and Sciences a few years after I'd left), those of us who were in SLL '91 had the privilege of graduating with Dikembe Mutombo. As I've mentioned before on this blog, he was in line right in front of me (he was the last "M" and I was the first "N"... "Kevin Kim" is two-thirds of my full name).

Anyway, Happy Birthday, man. If you ever want to speak Russian without going to Russia, visit Seoul. Tons of Russians here. Not to mention Russian-speaking Mongolians.





*Georgetown University School of Languages and Linguistics. I guess "LangLing" doesn't sound as sexy as "LingLang." Both sound suspiciously Chinese, though.


_

No comments: