Wednesday, August 01, 2007

reconstruction

The process of making my phone truly mine continues. I got the phone's password from my coworker, and have erased her 100-number list of phone numbers, as well as her extensive library of very cute dog photos. Now I have to go through the laborious process of transferring my list of phone numbers by hand. I'd rather do this the hi-tech way, but the LG guys said my phone was so old that they no longer had the jack that would hook up for the data transfer.

So imagine me putting my old, battered phone into its charger cradle and holding it in place with both thumbs, using whatever fingers I can to access the phone's "phone book" (jeonhwa beonho bu, the Korean term for the speed-dial list), then trying to write the relevant names and numbers onto a sheet of paper while keeping a death grip on the phone. Without the death grip, the phone automatically turns off because the battery no longer sits properly against the phone.

Wishing me a luck!


_