Thursday, November 04, 2010

your moment of lexical humor

Out of sheer curiosity, I visited Urban Dictionary during my break and looked up the word taint, to see whether the most popular definitions (a bit like a wiki, the site allows people to contribute their own, often typo-ridden, definitions, which are ranked as people vote on them) included the word perineum. What I found instead made me cackle. Witness definition #2 from the "taint" entry:

't aint quite your arse and 't aint quite your bollocks it that bit in between

I love it. The probably mistaken use of it instead of it's after the word bollocks makes the definition all the more charming-- like a person speaking in a crude Scottish accent. And the example sentence from definition #1 is pretty funny:

If it wasn't for the taint, my nuts would reek of poo!

Sorry, ladies. Men never grow up. That's true for most of us, anyway.


_

1 comment:

Nathan B. said...

I googled, innocently enough, the expression "sweet meat" the other day, and was, er, blown away by the Urban Dictionary entry captured by Google!