Thursday, March 10, 2011

days of study

My new job comes with two days of training: this Friday and Saturday, for 6.5 hours each day. Training will be done online as a videoconference, and I've been given plenty of material, some 60-100 pages, to print out and study. The only thing that makes me nervous is the setting-up of the videoconferencing software; the whole thing is taking place via a particular website, and while I think I've accomplished the initial configuration correctly (thank you, iMac!), I'm probably going to call the local branch office of my new company on Thursday, just to make sure. I admit I'm both nervous and excited.

On Monday, I actually start. Sometime after the training is over, I'll be receiving my teaching schedule by email, and if I'm not mistaken, I'll be spreading my time between two branch offices-- one that's under an hour from where I live, and one that's a little over an hour away, in good traffic. Classes go from 3:30PM to 9:30PM, no dinner break. For me, that means a long drive home and a late-night snack... or possibly a switchover to a Buddhist-style meal schedule: old-school Buddhism has you eating your final meal before noon, with nothing after that. It's kind of a reverse Ramadan, but for all of one's life instead of for just one month out of the year. Heh. In any case, here goes nothing.


_

1 comment:

Jason said...

Congrats on the new job! Hope the training goes well.