Monday, November 26, 2012

anonymous charity (or something)

Did someone send me a very beat-up copy of Michael Moorcock's The War Hound and the World's Pain? The shipping date on the invoice is October 1. The book is listed, laughably, in "Used - Very Good" condition (it's actually ready to fall apart). The package, sent via DHL Global Mail, was addressed to "Kevin XXXX or Current Resident." The invoice lists the itemized cost (which makes me think this wasn't meant as a gift: when you click the "gift" option on, say, Amazon.com, all indications of cost are removed from the recipient's invoice):

Book: $0.01
Shipping & Handling: $3.99
Tax: $0.00
Total: $4.00

Very strange. So I'm left wondering whether a faithful reader quietly sent me a random fantasy book with no accompanying explanatory message, or whether the book's arrival represents an even more random happenstance.

Uh... thanks, I think.


_

No comments: