Wednesday, December 19, 2012

ma famille française: mise à jour

My buddy Dominique just wrote me with some family updates. He also sent along some pics of three of his four kids, all of whom are quite athletically inclined. Here they are (click on the images to see them full-size):

First is Dominique's eldest son, Augustin, who has really taken to rollerblading:


Next up is plucky Timothé, who's getting into soccer:


And finally we have Héloïse, the apple of my eye and the girl who could have been my goddaughter, if only I had lived closer (she's second from the left):


Dom's family recently moved from Alsace (on the German border, for those of you who've forgotten your history) back to Dom's old stomping grounds in la région nantaise, i.e., the west coast of France. The ultimate plan is for Dom and his lovely wife Véronique to purchase and run a bed-and-breakfast just off the coast, and not too far from where Dom's parents live. I've been honored with the task of translating their future B&B website into English. Not sure when that gig's happening, but I imagine it'll be within the next couple of years.

It's incredible to me, just how quickly Dom's kids are growing up. Not pictured above is Joséphine, who's on the precipice of college. On se fait vieux, hein? Le temps passe vite.


_

No comments: