Saturday, May 04, 2013

Ave, Sperwer!

Already at the Dongdaemun Sports Complex and gearing up for his display of muscularity, my friend Sperwer poses, veins and all, for this shot, which he posted on Facebook (to which I have only spotty and limited access, given that I'm not a member):


When I left Korea in 2008, I'd have said that my friend was "burly." He's always had a large, imposing, Scots-warrior frame; it's easy to imagine him with battleaxe in hand, chopping up the enemy like James Cosmo in "Braveheart." Today, though, there will be no battles or blood: there will be pose-downs. And Sperwer, who used to be comparatively soft, can now cut diamonds with his nipples.

Get ready, Korea, for the man who may very well become the next Mr. Seoul!

(I'm leaving in the next few minutes to view the event live.)


_

No comments: