Friday, June 21, 2013

pre-diet decadence

It's one of the absolute simplest desserts: fresh raspberries and cream. I took some heavy whipping cream, mixed in some coarse-grained cane sugar I'd bought from Costco, blitzed the cream until it was fluffy, then slapped it on a bowlful of raspberries. I added a sprinkle of sugar on top for good measure. Behold:


I must say, the raspberries were amazingly cheap at Costco, and now is the season to be buying all those berries: Costco is piled high with fresh strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, and blackberries. If you're a lover of yogurt, homemade soda, or berries and cream, you should gitcher fine self over to Costco pronto.


_

1 comment:

Elisson said...

The berries at Costco are wondrous. I buy whichever ones are freshest and/or priced best... sometimes blueberries, other times raspberries or blackberries.

Recently, the blackberries have been an order of magnitude sweeter and more delicious. Love that stuff!