Sunday, February 23, 2014

the last hill

It's been an interesting, albeit arduous, vacation, but March is around the corner, and the time has come to get back to business. I can't remember the last time I enjoyed a two-month break from my primary duties. Now, however, I'm topping the final rise before I reenter the Vallye of the Shadowe of Worke. Tomorrow, we've got a departmental orientation at DCU, and the following Monday, March 3, we begin teaching. I won't be relinquishing my side jobs, however; I'll be doing them on top of my day job.

But the day job shouldn't be terrible: I had originally been scheduled to teach seven classes this coming semester, but that got reduced to the regular complement of six, which is fine by me. I'm still off on Fridays, which means I can teach at KMA on Fridays and Saturdays. And the Golden Goose job is flexible enough that I can do GG-related projects during my free time.

So this coming week is the final sprint, in terms of prep, before the semester begins in earnest. There's still some information that I don't know re: grade distributions for one of my classes; I'm hoping we learn everything either tomorrow or sometime later this week.


_

No comments: