Tuesday, January 20, 2015

IOU fotos

I went straight to my campus office once I got back from Yeosu, and I'm in the middle of typing up and uploading the course syllabi for next semester. I also had to waste time buying a new set of contact lenses because I lost one of my lenses down the damn drain, this very morning, right before I left for Seoul. Inconvenient, but one of the great things about Korea is how unbelievably quick, cheap, and easy it is to get contacts. We have an eyewear shop on campus (most campuses have such shops), and it was a ten-minute process getting new lenses. The price: W70,000 for a year's supply (about $63), as opposed to $90 for an eye exam plus $160 for the lenses at Costco in America—supposedly the cheap option. My final detour, before settling down to work on syllabi, was to wire money to the States. That took a while, mainly because of the wait. So now I'm here, and I'm going to be in the office for a while, so it's going to be a long time before I upload any of my Yeosu pics. Sit tight. I might not have anything for you until tomorrow. Or the next day.


_

No comments: