Saturday, February 28, 2015

Captain Picard versus... the dress

If you're not acquainted with the "dress" meme that's going around right now, you might want to familiarize yourself, otherwise the following image won't make much sense.


And in case you're wondering what the Internet thinks after having seen the initially uploaded image of the dress in question:


Source

For me, as for the majority of folks, when I saw the original shot of the dress, I thought it looked white and gold after I mentally compensated for strange lighting. To say otherwise struck me as insane. But if you click the first link, above, you get to see the same dress in much better lighting, and it's obviously blue and black.

The moral of the story is: never trust digital cameras, which have traditionally had a hard time handling less-than-optimal lighting conditions.


_

No comments: