Saturday, October 24, 2015

outta here

Snide comments from commenters notwithstanding, I'm leaving the States today. With my brother David's help, I dropped off the Honda in Fredericksburg last night; this involved crawling along for an hour through a massive, sanity-eroding traffic jam on Route 95 (which is routinely jammed thanks to accidents or road work). All I have left to do now is prep for the trip and go.

David's dog Penny has been affectionate ever since that one weird night. She was my body pillow for all of last night, and she greeted me with nasty wet kisses this morning. I think she and I are going to be fine.

And that's about it. Time to shower, dress, and pack. Not sure when I'll be able to write again, so until then, Dear Reader, keep yourself nicely occupied.

_

2 comments:

Bratfink said...

Yeah, I have problems with dog kisses due to the butt licking thing. But they mean well.

Good journey!

Snidely Whiplash said...

Snide? My dear fellow, I was only attempting to offer some helpful advice!