Friday, October 23, 2015

success

This morning, I went to the US Passport Agency, located at 19th and G Streets in DC. I had all my paperwork, and all the staffers were very nice. No one stonewalled or played Bureaucratic Asshole with me, which was a welcome change. The only hitch is that, because I'm leaving on Saturday and not Friday, I didn't get same-day service: instead, I have to pick up my new passport on the morrow, between 11:30AM and 3:00PM. Not a problem: if parking is as good tomorrow as it was this morning, I have nothing to worry about. And on Saturday, I can finally head back out of my home country to my second home. Work awaits.


_

3 comments:

Surprises Aplenty said...

Glad to hear the good news.
I don't know if I should tell you not to beat yourself up over this, or to say I am joining you in wondering how I could possibly be so disorganized these days.

Let's face this problem, making more ridiculous mistakes as we go, at least secure we aren't alone! Fighting!

Charles said...

Glad it worked out smoothly. That should be a big weight off your shoulders.

Bratfink said...

Glad it all worked out! Have a safe trip back!