Monday, June 27, 2016

it never rains, but it pours

My KMA boss suddenly texted this morning to offer me extra work this coming July 4-6: a 20-hour course, done over three days (8 hours, 8 hours, and 4 hours), whose topic is email writing. I've never taught this course before, so I've asked my boss to email me the teaching material so I can study it beforehand. I also had to ask my Golden Goose boss for permission to take off yet another three days; you'll recall that I recently asked him for four days off so that I can teach at Seoul National University in July and August.

If all goes well, I'll have earned an extra 2.5 to 3 million won by the time these KMA and SNU courses are done. Unfortunately, I'll also need to pull several seven-day weeks to make up for all the days off, but maybe it's about time I got more industrious over the weekend.

This sudden outpouring of KMA-ness more than makes up for the two or three months' worth of cancellations that I'd suffered earlier this year, all of which is good news for my budget. The ship begins, at last, to right itself.


_

No comments: