Saturday, April 15, 2017

seen at Jamshil Lotte World Tower

You have to live in Korea to understand the significance of a Korean-made sign that says "Grand Opening." This is nothing short of revolutionary in a country that normally insists upon the Konglish expression "Grand Open."

I was at the Jamshil Lotte World Tower earlier this evening, doing some last-minute shopping. Since the tower opened up only a few days ago, I thought I'd grab an elevator and hit the observation level. But I forgot that nothing in a big city comes for free, and a ride up to the observation level would cost me a whopping W27,000. Stung when I saw the exorbitant cost, I turned around and slouched away from the ticket area. Fuck.  If I want a free view of Seoul from a high place, I'll walk up Namsan.







2 comments:

John Mac said...

The ride to the observation deck on Seoul Tower is only W10,000...

Charles said...

If they don't let you bungee jump off the top of the tower, it ain't worth W27,000.