Tuesday, August 14, 2018

Saturday with the cleaning lady

When I got back from the DMV on Saturday, I saw that housekeeping had been in my room to make the bed and otherwise tidy up. Unfortunately, the cleaning lady had left a large pile of bed linens just sitting by the door, so I lumber-waddled over to the front desk and politely asked the clerk, who also seemed to be a manager, what was to become of the pile of linens at my door. The manager looked mortified, and we both walked back to my room. The cleaning lady was out in the hallway, so the manager called her over as I opened my room's door and indicated the linen pile. "Take that," whispered the manager. The cleaning lady breathed an "Oh, my God!" and scooped up the linens post haste. I tried to smile and indicate that this wasn't the end of the world as far as I was concerned.

On Sunday, I left my usual two-dollar tip on my bed, but when I came back to my room, I saw that the room had been tidied, but the money hadn't been picked up. At a guess, the lady felt guilty about what had happened the previous day, and this was her way of saying she was sorry. I left the two dollars for her on Monday, and she picked the money up this time, so I think we're square, now.




No comments: