Monday, September 24, 2018

Incheon Walk 3, Day 3: scattered pics

I'm about 8.4 km out from my destination, so my day will be over well before 3 p.m. Here are some images snapped along the way. I hope you can see the orb-weaver's web because it's amazing. I'd give it first prize above all the webs I've seen thus far.

A statue of lovers:


The web! Can you see it? Seems faded on my current monitor:


UPDATE: I woke up two hours late this morning, but I still made it to my hotel before 2:30 p.m. (as you'll recall from my discussion of the route, Day 3 is always shorter than usual because I've benefited from the "taxi cheat" on Day 2). That said, I couldn't take my usual early-morning shadow selfie because it was too late in the day. The picture below was taken at 9:45 a.m., so I'm shorter and stockier, foreshortened because of the sun's higher angle. In my defense, those aren't love handles: they're the bulges of the backpack's hip-belt assembly. I did curse myself for waking up late, but then again, I didn't get to sleep until way after midnight, so a 5 a.m. wake-up was a lost cause, especially given how exhausted I was after 47K steps.


Remember earlier, when I talked about those cruises? Here are the banner ads that I had failed to photograph on the way to Incheon. I got them on the rebound. The left banner advertises the music/fireworks cruise, and the right banner advertises the lunch-buffet cruise:


Bizarre graffito, if graffito this is. Below, it says, in Q&A form:

- May I smoke here?
- No, you may not.


Whoever wrote the above dialogue also wrote the following, which says something like "I do haircuts." No phone number, no location given. I think someone was either bored or off his meds. He gives haircuts, and he doesn't like smoking.


My feet hurt like hell right now, but I'm going to take a much-needed shit and then go hunt down a meal to recharge my colon with ammo. There's a chimaek place (chicken & beer) right across the street from my current lodging, so I'll try there first and see whether they serve boneless chicken tenders. My experience is that most chimaek places don't. But we'll see.



2 comments:

Charles said...

Those messages written on the white lines are hysterically random.

John Mac said...

Great photos as usual...Really enjoyed following along on the trail with you.