Thursday, September 27, 2018

tonight, at long last, we break out the TV

For the past couple of years, I've had this 42-inch HDTV sitting in my apartment—just sitting there, unplugged and doing nothing. I had bought the TV for cheap from a former coworker. I also have, thanks to John Mac's efforts a long while back, a region-free DVD/Blu-ray player. Starved for my favorite entertainment, I recently re-ordered the Blu-ray boxed set of the entire "Battlestar Galactica" TV series, along with one of the spinoff shows, "Blood and Chrome." (This reminds me: I need to buy "Razor." No disrespect to Edward James Olmos, but I really didn't like "The Plan," a stand-alone episode that added nothing to the larger story except for more visuals of the destruction of the Twelve Colonies. UPDATE: I just bought "Razor" as an Amazon Prime video. It won't look very good on my Mac laptop, but I've got a much larger monitor screen at the office, where I can watch "Razor" after hours. Woo-hoo!)

As they say before serving on the Wall: "And now my binge-watch begins."

I may end up having to do something similar with "24."



No comments: