Tuesday, October 02, 2018

with a lighter heart

I don't have to blog every single mood change, but with today's gorgeous weather, and with my having reconciled myself to the fact that we may be moving out of this office to another one outside of Seoul, I find myself in a much better mood. I'm looking forward to my upcoming France trip: nine days from now, I'll be on a plane to Paris, then running like hell to make the train from Paris to Niort, where my French "brother" Dominique will pick me up. This time around, I'll have my portable Wi-Fi doohickey with me, so I'll be able to text Dom with live updates as I'm sprinting to catch that train (for which I've already booked a first-class seat because fuck you, peasants). After France, on Halloween, I'll be prepping a meal for fellow R&D staffers and the native-speaker English teachers: fondue neuchâteloise (decidedly not done the Almazan way). So October ought to end on a fun note.

My supervisor brought up the possibility that, should a move occur, it might occur while I'm gone. We're going to discuss this further tomorrow at a meeting; there are practical things to consider. For the moment, though, I can't be bothered to worry about anything. It's been a good day, and since I finally set up my TV and Blu-ray player last night (I've already re-watched "Battlestar Galactica: Blood and Chrome"), I can now binge-watch my way through BSG and "Firefly," the other series that I re-bought on Blu-ray.* I have a few other TV series that I'd like to binge on, and I'll end up either buying the Blu-rays or buying them on Amazon Prime video. My HDTV has hookups for things like Rokus and similar devices, so I might be able to cobble together a way to watch Prime videos on my TV instead of on my tiny laptop's screen. (Charles once noted with amusement how funny it looked to see my huge self hunched over that tiny screen. I guess it's a bit like a bear leaning in to listen to a rabbit.)

Hope your day's been a good one. Even though I've got a cold, I'm feeling fairly cheerful.



*I own the discs for these shows already, but as I mentioned a couple months ago, I couldn't pull them out of public storage without making that into a titanic, all-day project.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Yep, it's all about attitude and that is something each individual controls. Of course, sometimes events make staying positive a difficult proposition. Glad you are seeing things clearly.