Wednesday, December 05, 2018

bye-bye, Quora

I knew I was never going to rise to the status of an advice god on Quora, but the privacy-breach announcement that I received from Quora HQ this morning was sufficient motivation for me to delete my Quora account. It's bad enough that Facebook and Twitter are so full of security holes that I had to abandon them; with this newest breach of my privacy and that of millions of others, it may be high time just to fuck off from all social media, possibly including Gab, which hasn't yet turned into a pleasant experience. I did enjoy writing answers to some of the questions I received, but security breaches just keep getting scarier to me, so for this paranoid old man, it's time to go. No regrets.



2 comments:

Charles said...

Do it! Join us, the social media shunners!

Kevin Kim said...

I seem to be evolving toward your position. Abandoning Gab would mean cutting off the last tie that binds me to the social-media world. Unless blogs count as social media, which I don't think they do, but that's a discussion for another time.