Saturday, February 02, 2019

still a-bleedin'

We're down to a trickle with the toe blood, but with the arrival of 6:30 a.m. comes the closure of my launch window. I might still be able to arrive in Hanam sometime in the mid-afternoon, but that's going to be too late: I need to eat well before 4 p.m. for reasons of gastric rhythm, and I need the extra hours to put my feet up and allow them to recuperate before the next day's journey. So it looks as though I'll be sitting this day out, and I'll be starting tomorrow... in the pouring rain.

Cold rain is one of the worst hiking conditions, but I'm thinking that it may be best to get such a day over with on Day One of a given hike. The other advantage is that the Day One hike is substantially shorter than that of Days 2 and 3, so I'll be in the rain for a bit less time than I would have been had I started today and encountered rain on Day Two.

Guess I'll just chill here and try not to eat too much.



No comments: