Tuesday, April 02, 2019

the return of spam comments

Ever since I switched off word verification for comments, I've been receiving comment spam. The onslaught started right away, but it's not really a torrent: on average, I'd say I receive about 5-10 spam comments per day. This rate is just enough to be annoying, but not enough to make me re-institute word verification. Yet. We'll see how much my annoyance grows over the coming weeks. Stay tuned.

NB: I can't control the type of word verification Blogger uses. If you've encountered that annoying "click all the squares that show a crosswalk" thing, please understand that I didn't special-order that. Blogger says that the blog admin isn't supposed to have to go through word verification, but this isn't strictly true, as I've had to do it almost every time I've replied to a comment on my own blog. Upshot: I feel your pain.



2 comments:

Charles said...

Dear Sir,

I am writing at the recommendation of a mutual friend, who assures me that you are an honest and honorable individual. My family has recently lost a beloved patriarch, and as such I have inherited a large sum of crosswalk photographs, worth approximately US $100,000. Unfortunately, the estate tax laws are prohibitively high and would result in the immediate liquidation of this fortune. However, I am allowed to make a one-time gift to an individual of my choosing. If you agree, I would be able to transfer my collection of photographs to you. All you would have to do is mark the crosswalk in each of the five thousand photographs before returning them to me. For your efforts, I would transfer 10% of this fortune into an account of your choosing.

I pray that God will move you to assist me in this matter. I await your positive response.

Sincerely,

Blogger

Kevin Kim said...

Har