Tuesday, December 03, 2019

32K versus 25K: what happened?

Back in September, I did my first-ever practice walk along the Tan Creek as part of my preparation for this year's big walk. This past Saturday, I walked the same route again, from my apartment building by Daecheong Station all the way down to the Bundang region and Jeongja Station. The first time I did the walk, I noted that my step count was 32,000 steps. This past Saturday, my step count was a little over 25,000 steps. As I pondered why there was such a huge difference in step counts, it occurred to me that, on September 13, I had been walking with full gear. Having a pack on my back definitely reduced both my speed and my stride length, resulting in a larger step count. Mystery solved.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

I thought the pace was pretty normal and comfortable for me.