Monday, April 06, 2020

binge-watching TV, catching up on pop culture

I've been steadily working my way through "Burn Notice," a series I'd watched for a few years before skipping off to Korea. I started watching "Burn Notice" after Season 1 had finished, and I left off before the final two seasons of the show's seven-season run, so this particular binge-watch is a combination of catching-up and first-time viewing. Unfortunately, I spoiled the series finale for myself long ago, so I know that one of the main characters dies at the very end, and two others end up in something like a family situation. I'm currently three episodes into Season 2, and I'm realizing how many refugees from the cast of "Battlestar Galactica" ended up guest-starring on "Burn Notice."

Once I finish bingeing this series, I have several more to wade through before I get back to watching and reviewing movies. Here's the list thus far:

"Gunpowder" (starring Kit Harington; this is only a three-part series, so it'll go down easy)
"Ash vs. Evil Dead"
"White Collar" (another series whose final seasons I missed)
"Rick and Morty," Season 4, episodes 6-10 (when the episodes come out)
"Impulse," Season 2 (this came out a while ago, but I haven't bothered to watch it)

I'm writing this entry at work, so there may be a series or two that I'm leaving out. Still, even with the incomplete list above (which I'll round out once I get home), I've got enough TV viewing to keep me occupied for a couple months. "Burn Notice" alone is going to take some time to get through, even at a rate of three episodes per night.

Have no fear: contrary to what I wrote above, I might sprinkle some movie-viewing and reviewing into all the TV bingeing.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

I really need to get back into binge-watching TV series like this during these troubling times. Beats going to bed at 8 o'clock...