Monday, April 06, 2020

the stats roller coaster

Not that it matters much to me as a person who isn't aiming for popularity, but I've been watching my blog stats with some curiosity. It's been a roller coaster for the past few months, and I can guess why. Before the current circumstances, I had been getting 1500-1800 unique visits per day. For the past two months, that dropped down to about 500-700 visits, and only lately has the number risen to around 1000. Will the trend continue to improve? It's not looking likely: I recently peaked at around 1300 visits on one particular day, and since then, I've been hovering at around 900. At a guess, my blog isn't a must-read for most of the people who visit; there's no "in sickness or in health" level of commitment to the Hairy Chasms. And that's fine; I'm happy to have any readership at all, but as I said, I'm not obsessed with how large or small that readership is. So I'll continue to watch the fluctuations with interest, but I have no plans to market myself any differently by changing how I blog.



1 comment:

John Mac said...

Yeah, it never mattered much to me, but these last few years I've gone into a "dear diary" mode that I know most folks won't be interested in. I get around 150 a day and frankly that surprises me.

Rest assured that Big Hominid is in my daily "must-read" queue, and I'm never disappointed!