Monday, June 22, 2020

mind blown

I hate, hate, hate the annoying way the presenter in the following video talks, and I hate the way the video is edited. The humor feels unfunny and borderline condescending. And yet... the concepts expressed in this video are utterly fascinating. I've never thought about the consequences of Einsteinian general relativity in this way, but if you watch the video, you too will come to understand that a flow gradient in time produces gravity. Truly amazing.


What's funny is that I know enough about general relativity (and that's admittedly very little) to tease out the idea of a temporal flow gradient entirely on my own. I simply never followed that line of reasoning before. So part of the reason for my amazement is that the video is talking about concepts that most of us with some science education are already aware of. SMH, as the kids say: shaking my head.



No comments: