Sunday, July 12, 2020

officially sick of lasagna now

One last lasagna hurrah:


I had a little bit of cheese mix left, plus many more sheets of my pasta. I also had some leftover meatballs, plus the remaining half-bottle of some Ottogi-brand spaghetti sauce. My leftover cheese mix (a combination of shredded parm, mozz, and heavy cream, with garlic powder and parsley) was meager enough that I had to reach into my freezer to grab my Costco "Mexican" brand of shredded cheese, along with some yogurt to make the mixture spreadable. I boiled four pasta sheets and stacked my final personal-sized lasagna in a Korean-style fired-clay naembi (visible in the above photo). No salami or pepperoni this time—just straight-on beef from the meatballs. As personal-sized lasagnas go, this one was a bit of a monster ("Sagnamon"? "Zanyamon"?), but after I took it out of the oven, it cooled and deflated a bit, looking less monstrous as a result. The taste was okay, despite the generic bottled sauce and the pre-shredded cheese that no sane chef recommends, but having eaten lasagna three damn days in a row, I think I'm done with lasagna for the next little while.



1 comment:

Daniel said...

Looks and, more importantly I'm guessing,smells absolutely amazing.