Monday, July 06, 2020

Saturday "linner"

The Saturday shindig at the boss's apartment went well. The boss wanted to do it potluck-style, so everyone brought some kind of food. The boss's wife made a very tasty pot of galbijjim, or braised short ribs and rice. Others brought potato salad, japchae (cellophane noodles with meat and vegetables), fruit, large loaves of bread, and red-velvet cake. I brought homemade pulled pork, homemade coleslaw, and store-bought slider buns, which were, aside from the potato salad, the most American dishes there.

Everything was excellently made; I stuffed myself by eating three platefuls of food. The fête went from about 3 p.m to 7 p.m. It was a long subway ride out to and back from Suwon, just outside of Seoul. Here are a few pics of the feast.

Fruit featured prominently as a typically Korean dessert:


A lovely red-velvet cake:


Braised short ribs and rice:


A wide shot:


Pulled pork, up close:


A very delicious potato salad:


A good time was had by all. There was so much food that there were plenty of leftovers; I'm bringing my remaining pork and slaw to the office Monday afternoon so we can finish that off together. I have to wonder what happened to the tater salad and the japchae; the latter doesn't keep for very long. No matter: we all left my boss's residence with pleasant memories of a delicious meal.



No comments: