Tuesday, August 11, 2020

raped by the Korean postal service

I just sent in my ballot-request form to vote in the upcoming US election. I was told that air mail isn't available, and that I'd have to send my form by sea, which would take "some time." The printed request form was mail-ready, but the post-office lady insisted that I put my form inside a large Korean envelope, and that I fill out all the mailing and Customs information again on another form that would be stuck onto the big envelope. The cost for sending this letter-sized document: W24,000, or a little over $20, US. Fuck me dead, as my Kiwi friend might've said back in the day. That's pretty much what the Korean post did: it fucked me dead. I'm reminded of that old "Death by bong-ga!" joke.

When I order products from iHerb, even if they come from overseas, they arrive within a week, and I don't have to pay through the nose for shipping. What sort of scam is the Korean postal service running? All I can say is that it involves raw assholes and Vaseline.

Given all the shit I'm hearing about the unreliability of mail-in ballots, it may not even be worth it for me to vote this election cycle. And with the Korean postal service as part of the equation, I have to wonder whether my ballot request will even make it to its destination with enough time for the Virginia office to mail me an actual ballot. Not that any ballots have been made, mind you: Joe Biden is still drooling and dithering over his running mate. We might not have time to vote by mail if Biden keeps delaying.



No comments: