Tuesday, September 01, 2020

transition

Here are Sean and Jeff posing in front of their new home about 30-40 minutes north of Chicago by car, in the famous Highland Park neighborhood:


I saw the above pic, which Sean texted me a couple hours ago, and joked about how gray he's gotten (Jeff, too, but he's my age, so he has an excuse). Sean is ten years younger than I am, and both he and my other little brother David are significantly grayer than I am. Weird. (And I swear I'm not dyeing my hair. Promise.) Maybe there's something in US water that makes you go gray earlier. Maybe America is just Flint, Michigan writ large.

Sean and Jeff moved to their new place earlier this month. According to Sean, they had the floor redone, and they repainted the walls, so they're still very much in the process of moving in. I hope they're settled by the time I'm back from my walk.

Moving is always a stressful experience, and Sean admitted to being stressed. But I think he's relieved and happy to be in his new place. I wish him and Jeff luck as they get to know the neighborhood and reestablish themselves in their respective routines.



No comments: