Attending the face-to-face interview is going to be a problem, though.
Date: Wednesday, 14 November 2012, at 1:39 p.m.
Sungkyunkwan University seeks qualified, highly motivated Non-Tenure Track English Professor in its Language Institute. The University, founded in 1398, is one of the top universities in South Korea. The University is composed of two campuses: Seoul Campus (Humanities and Social Sciences) and Suwon Campus (Natural Sciences).
JOB TITLE : English Professor
EMPLOYMENT LEVEL : Non-Tenure Track
LOCATIONS : Seoul/Suwon
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a native English speaker
- Have a Master's degree
- More than 2 years of college-level teaching experience preferred
(Particularly in English writing and presentation/public speaking)
- Experience in developing intensive English programs and a degree in related fields preferred.
- Have IT/Computer literacy (using presentation, spreadsheet and IT equipment)
- Should be able to attend the face-to-face interview
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include:
- Teaching credit classes for 15 hours per week
- Teaching non-credit classes during semesters and breaks, if asked
- Doing some class-related and administrative paperwork, and counseling students
SALARY AND BENEFITS
Annual salary will be approximately 45 mil. won including special allowance for each full year of service.
- Additional hours beyond the contractual 15 hours per week are compensated at the overtime rate of 30,000 won.
- Overtime pay for teaching non-credit classes
- Korean National Health Insurance
- Private School Pension
- Shared office with individual PC and telephone
- One year, beginning March 1, 2013 through February 28, 2014
- Renewable upon evaluation
- Non-Tenure Track English Professor Application (http://sliskku.cafe24.com/index.php/Notice/view/222.if)
- Current resume and cover letter (including picture)
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate diplomas and transcripts
- Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
- Copies of your passport cover page and current visa
- Two or three recent letters of reference
Closing Date: November 23, 2012
Successful candidates will be interviewed at Seoul campus on Sat., December 8, 2012.
Documents should be e-mailed to:
Sungkyun Language Institute
* Should you have any questions, please send e-mail to email@example.com