Friday, December 31, 1999

drawings for a friend

A friend asked me to make some illustrations for a project he's working on (a textbook? a lesson?), and it has to do with idioms. Here are the pics below; can you figure out the idioms? (I'm placing the images in my hidden space because they'll ultimately be published, and depending on what agreement I strike with my friend, they might have to be taken down.)





Those idioms (highlight to see):

1. the big cheese

2. a bird's-eye view

3. a cock-and-bull story

4. airing your dirty laundry

5. at the drop of a hat


Have fun!



3 comments:

John Mac said...

HaHa! Well done. I didn't get any of them until I saw the answers, then I'm like, well duh, that should have been obvious!

Kevin Kim said...

Bad news, though, if they're that indecipherable at first blush. My friend actually suggested doing stuff like labeling the cheeses to make things more obvious.

John Mac said...

Well, honestly the cheese one was the least obvious even after seeing the answer. But I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer either. The first thought that came to mind in the bird drawing was "as the crow flys" but that didn't make sense since they weren't crows.

Not sure who the intended audience will be, but I'd think you don't want to make them too easy or obvious for most uses.