Friday, October 11, 2024

yeah, baby

I saved myself a trip by using the T-Money GO app (thanks, Paul) to purchase myself an SRT bullet-train ticket from Suseo Station (not far from where I live and work) down to Busan Station on the 15th. Departure time: 6:24 p.m. Arrival time in Busan: 9:05 p.m. This is much nicer than what I'd planned to do (because my thinking is stuck in 2005): travel all the way out to Seoul Station and take the KTX to Busan. Ha! No need! I've now got a QR code to get on the train; I use QR codes all the time to enter Samsung Hospital, so this shouldn't be too different. I just need to make extra sure my phone doesn't get destroyed before the trip. 

Once in Busan, I'll sleep at the motel next door to the station; wake up early (maybe 3-ish), grab a cab to go to the Nakdong River Barrage, find the starting point, then begin walking, preferably before 4 a.m. Ought to be easy-peasy, and if I fuck things up, I'm experienced enough to unfuck myself in good time. The first day's walk is listed on my itinerary as 30K, but it's actually closer to 27-28K unless I somehow get lost. The trick will be finding the place to cross over to Mulgeum Station in Yangsan. This is also the only day when the calendar lists the walk as 30K, and I don't take an extra day's rest—I simply start on out the very next day. Every other 30 or 30+ walk day will have an extra rest day. I hope I don't lose my damn trekking pole this time. I'm not getting any younger, so I probably will.

What to do with all of my extra time tonight since I'm no longer going out to get my ticket? Bake almond-flour cookies? Might be a plan.



No comments:

Post a Comment

READ THIS BEFORE COMMENTING!

All comments are subject to approval before they are published, so they will not appear immediately. Comments should be civil, relevant, and substantive. Anonymous comments are not allowed and will be unceremoniously deleted. For more on my comments policy, please see this entry on my other blog.

AND A NEW RULE (per this post): comments critical of Trump's lying must include criticism of Biden's lying on a one-for-one basis! Failure to be balanced means your comment will not be published.