Thursday, April 30, 2015

blood up

I'll be hitting "The Avengers: Age of Ultron" tomorrow morning for an early matinee—maybe around 9AM. This will my first Avengers film seen in a movie theater; the last one I saw was on iTunes, on my now-defunct desktop Macintosh.

Will it be good? Will it be a mess? Will I be the only one in the theater laughing at the culturally specific jokes (this happens a lot)? Expect a review not long after; it'll probably be published over this weekend or sometime early next week.


_

3 comments:

Charles said...

Saw it this past weekend. It can be a bit overblown at times, but then again it is a film based on a comic book universe. I guess it depends on what you're looking for; I was looking to see the Avengers do Avengery things, and I enjoyed it.

And I realize that this is probably going to be too late, but just in case you turn on your phone and decide to check blog comments right after the film ends: There is only one post-credits scene (well, mid-credits, I guess). This one comes after the graphically enhanced (for lack of a better word) credits and is pretty short (and also pretty predictable, if you're up on the Avengers mythos). Unlike the previous film (where you see the Avengers eating shawarma), though, there is no second scene after the scrolling credits. So if you have to take a piss (like I did) after sitting through all two hours and twenty minutes of the film, feel free to make a run for the door once the credits scroll begins.

Kevin Kim said...

Thanks.

And you might enjoy this.

Charles said...

Ha! That was pretty awesome.

You have seen the film by now, right? Not that this is a spoiler or anything, but they actually do address this very issue. It's like they finally said what everyone was thinking.