Thursday, September 15, 2016

Happy Chuseok!

The Chuseok national holiday is normally three days long, with Chuseok itself, the night of the harvest moon, being the middle day. That day is today, so... Happy Chuseok! We were fortunate, this year, that the harvest moon fell on a Thursday, thus ensuring a five-day holiday break. I'm at home, puttering around, doing nothing much. I feasted on sliders last night, partly in honor of my brother David's birthday. Tonight, it'll be American-style Chinese food: shrimp and veggies on rice. Tomorrow, I'll journey out to Chinatown in Incheon and munch on hwadeok mandu. Saturday, I'll probably do an Amurrican-style breakfast of pancakes, eggs, and bacon. Sunday, I may do a classic fettuccine Alfredo. On Monday, I'll be back to the grind, and back to behaving myself. A happy harvest to one and all!



No comments: